Echo360 ALP has a simple built-in editing function which allows you to remove sections of your recording. This can be very useful in cases where you are showing copyrighted material in your lectures or to remove private conversations. Any edits will be applied to your recording instantly but you can always restore to a pre-edited version if necessary.
To edit a recording made with Echo360 ALP you need to:
- Log into Moodle and access your course.Note: If the recording is not associated with a course, for example a public event, you will need to log into Echo360 itself. Contact email@example.com if you need an account or have problems logging in
- After accessing your Moodle course, click on the lecture recording activity
Note: If you have not yet added the Moodle activity please follow our guide on how to do this.
- After linking the Moodle course to the lecture recordings you should see a list of lecture recordings associated with that course.Note: If you are logging in directly tothe Echo360 website you should be able to chose your course from the courses dropdown. You will then see the same screen.
- From the list click on the green icon for the video you wish to edit and choose Edit Video from the menu that appears.
- You will then be presented with the editing screen, like so:
- Move the cursor to the position in the recording that you want to remove from the recording, and then click on Make cut
- Move the cursor to the end of the section of the section you want to remove from the recording, and then click on Make cut
- Click on the section of the timeline you want to remove from the recording, then click on ‘Delete’. Repeat this step as many times as is necessary.
- Click on Save, which is at the top right hand side of the screen. Note: You can restore your classroom capture to how it was before any edits were made. To restore your recording to how it was before you edited it, click on Restore at the top of the page.
- You can return to the full list of recordings by clicking on the black arrow at the top left hand side of the screen.
For information on how to make your lecture recordings available to students see our Moodle guide.